Backer Wencel, Incorporated, an equal opportunity employer, is currently seeking individuals for the following positions. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume to BW Inc, PO Box 150, Browns Valley, MN 56219. Applications may also be requested by contacting us directly.
Customer Service Representative
- Location: Browns Valley, MN
- Work Experience: Fresher
- Salary: Hourly
We are currently seeking a dependable individual with great customer service skills. Successful candidates will have an aptitude for customer assistance and problem-solving. Duties include: answer phones, verifying and processing orders, vendor interaction and other duties as needed. Some early evenings and Saturday work may be required. Excellent benefits available.
- Location: Remote
- Work Experience: 1 – 2 years
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Backer Wencel, Incorporated is seeking candidates for the position of Junior Developer. This is a full-time, contract position. Applicants should be able to show proficiency in the following areas.
- Full stack LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL or comparable database system, PHP)
- HTML and CSS
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Web Service API technologies (SOAP, REST, JSON, AJAX, XML, etc.)
- WordPress (experience with WordPress plugin development a plus)
- Four year or graduate degree in CS, MIS or related field preferred but not required
- History of participation on StackOverflow.com or similar developer community is preferred
- Experience in ecommerce business practices and data systems is a major plus
- Experience with one or more commercial ecommerce platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, WooCommerce, etc. is strongly preferred
- Experience with Laravel, Symfony, CodeIgniter, Zend or comparable PHP Web Application Framework required
- Ability to work long hours, nights or weekends as needed for off-hours maintenance or in the event of system emergencies
The Junior Developer works directly with the Director of IT, other management and developers as well as indirectly with sales and support staff, and is responsible for helping build out the company’s proprietary ecommerce system, including basic code maintenance and feature development in addition to integration with vendor and other third-party systems. This position requires working on a distributed team using version control systems and project management tools. Candidate must have ability to communicate extensively and at various hours by phone, chat and email when working remotely, including regular planning and conference calls. There is a heavy emphasis on ecommerce best practices, database architecture and design, complex data structures and optimizing data queries. Candidates who show an aptitude for solving complex business problems with elegant, simple solutions are preferred. A clean, straightforward coding style is preferred. Experience with cloud based development environments such as Cloud9 is also preferred.
Candidates must have the initiative to take ownership of challenging projects and difficult problems and the self-direction and determination to work independently to see them through to completion with minimal input aside from basic pre-planning and regular progress checkups. Initiative is valued above knowledge.
- Contract position
- Flexible hours
- Excellent, competitive pay commensurate with experience
- Fun, fast paced environment
- Telecommuting Minimal travel as needed
- Family oriented, conservative and growing company
- Excellent opportunity for advancement and performance based compensation
- Other benefits may be negotiated depending on candidate
Backer Wencel is a privately owned, multi-faceted, ecommerce retailer with various brand properties that represent a continuously expanding product line. The company has been in operation for nearly 30 years and is well-established in the online retail landscape. Primary operations are based in the small town of Browns Valley, MN with a distributed workforce spanning across the US. Company culture is strongly conservative, heavily family oriented, exciting and fast paced, with a dedicated workforce and minimal turnover. As the company continually expands in new areas, Developer positions offer excellent opportunity for advancement and exceptional potential for reward based on performance.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and code samples to firstname.lastname@example.org